One of the best ways to spread the word about study abroad is by word of mouth. The Office of Education Abroad would be more than happy to send an OEA staff member to come speak to classrooms or groups to students with more information about frequently asked questions and instructions on how to get started.
The information that is covered is general. There are hundreds of programs to choose from and each program will vary in terms of the eligibility and application requirements, how academic credit works, cost structure, estimated costs and more. OEA Staff will generally cover the following topics:
- Where & when students can go
- General eligibility requirements
- General overview of program types
- Money matters (including financial aid & scholarships)
- Language barriers
- Health & safety
- Next steps
Please note due to the volume of programs, program types, students with more than one major and different motivations for going abroad and information associated with studying abroad, the OEA is unable to go into specifics regarding programs that are the best for specific majors or minors.
The OEA highly recommends a standard presentation, although we are able to accommodate a more customized format.
- Length: 45 minutes
- Format: In-person or live virtual webinar
- Technology Needed: Computer, internet & projector (if in-person) or link to webinar
- Presenters: One OEA Staff or Intern and one currently enrolled UNC Charlotte student who has studied abroad (if and as available)
Request a Presentation
Having the opportunity to be immersed in another culture is the best part about studying abroad. Learning how another group of people behaves and what they value can be a really eyeopening experience. While there can be challenges adapting to a new lifestyle at first, it typically ends up being the most rewarding part of the program.
Please note: This form is NOT for individual students seeking information about programs or the study abroad process. If you are a student interested in studying abroad, please refer to the How to Apply page.