The annual fall study abroad fair is an opportunity to learn more about the programs available to UNC Charlotte students. During the fair, students will have a chance to communicate with affiliate providers, host university exchange students/representatives, UNC Charlotte Faculty & Staff, and Study Abroad Alumni!
Education Abroad is excited to announce our Fall Study Abroad Fairs! Join us for opportunities to learn about study abroad programs, talk to program providers and faculty directors, and win prizes!
Spring Break 2023 Study Abroad Fair
- When: Thursday, October 6
- Where: Student Union Lobby
- Time: 10:30am - 1:30pm
This fair will feature programs available for Spring Break 2023 led by UNC Charlotte Faculty. Stop by to speak with faculty leading the programs to learn more about the locations, courses offered and more. Recent study abroad alumni and Education Abroad staff will be available to answer general questions or discuss additional opportunities available to UNC Charlotte students.
Summer/Fall 2023 Study Abroad Fair
- When: Tuesday, November 15
- Where: Student Union Lobby & Norm's Gameroom
- Time: 11am - 2pm
This fair will feature programs available for Summer 2023 led by UNC Charlotte Faculty as well as Summer and Fall options available through affiliate provider programs and exchange programs. Stop by to speak with faculty leading the programs to learn more about the locations, courses offered and more as well as meet affiliate providers who offer programs all over the globe! Recent study abroad alumni and Education Abroad staff will be available to answer general questions or discuss additional opportunities available to UNC Charlotte students.
This event is held as part of International Education Week. Visit the IEW website for a full list of events held to celebrate International Education!
Students who attend study abroad fair events can be entered to win prizes! The drawings will take place the week after the Fair and the prizes are as follows:
1. Attend the in person fair and scan your ID and be entered to win a study abroad discount!
The student who is selected as the 1st place winner will have their study abroad administrative fee waived by Education Abroad (up to a $600 value) the semester they study abroad. Please note the following regarding the discount:
- Students must complete an Education Abroad Passport Postcard and collect signatures to prove their participation. Any combination of the following will make students eligible for the Grand Prize drawing
- Talk to and collect signatures from at least four tables during the fair
- Students who have already studied abroad or who will be studying abroad as a UNC Charlotte student Spring 2023 or Calendar Year 2023 are not eligible to receive the study abroad administrative fee discount
- The winner will not receive cash value. The study abroad administrative fee will be automatically waived the semester they go abroad. The discount amount received depends on the study abroad program type in which the student participates
- Students must study abroad as an active UNC Charlotte student within 3 academic years of being notified that they are a recipient in order to have the discount applied
- Discount is applied to the final payment of the program
- Only 1 winner will be chosen for each prize: Being entered to win does not guarantee selection as a winner
- Winners will be communicated with via email the week after the fair